viernes, febrero 24, 2006

Valentines:

It's more than a week late, but I wanted to talk about Valentines. Of the 21 Valentine's Days that I have experienced on this earth, I have spent 20 of them single. The one time I did have a girlfriend, we were not really in the 'functional' stage of our relationship any more. In fact, that may even have been the day she let me know she was thinking about ending it. As I remember it, I was in the office and writing a poem for her, and I screwed up the writing or something. Because of that I was late to meet her; so he was mad at me. Then we went for a walk...

For some people Valentine's Day is a day of excitement and celebration. For others it may be a source of perceived economic hardship (mostly men, I feel). And for some it is probably a day of disappointment or loneliness. All of us want somebody - even the guys that don't like spending money on flowers and chocolate. We all need to be in relationship with other people, and most of us want to be in a romantic relationship too. I do anyway. Love is something incredible that we cannot really explain with science, even though we talk a lot about 'chemistry'. I found this quote from Albert Einstein:
Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

I think that's beautiful.

4 Comments:

At 11:27 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Will you be my valentine Pete?

 
At 9:24 p. m., Blogger Sam said...

George - how could you???

After everything you said to me...

 
At 11:52 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

erm... I'll be blunt... I lied Sam. Sorry.
Its not you, its me...

 
At 6:12 p. m., Blogger Pete Sz said...

:) Gutted Sam. Long-distance relationships are hard to sustain, you-know. In Venezuela there is an expression:
'Amores lejos, felices los cuatros'

George, no, I'm sorry. It's you.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home